dimanche 10 avril 2011

New departure date

Even if you can read on my website: “Départ prévu: 25 Juin 2011,” my departure date across the Atlantic has changed. For those who have wondered, the explanation is simple: 

My boat that was christened to the public had become the star over the last six months. Initially, I never would have estimated the attraction that my project have gained from people around the world. Because of this, the Odyssea’s ground team has grown and the project has evolved rapidly. Even with the team’s growth and constant support, time has become my number one enemy. With time running out, I have realized that I needed to refocus on the actual project itself, and I had to make important decisions to allow the project to better evolve.   

The project is not delayed; it has evolved. I will start rowing this summer to reach the St.Lawrence Gulf. My route will be from Montreal to Quebec to Rivière-du-Loup, Rimouski, Matane, and Gaspé, the well, why not the Magdelan Islands? This route on the river represents also plenty of opportunities for my supporters to come support me and to see the boat in motion.


After all this training, I'll be reasonably ready technically, financially, physically and mentally to face the North Atlantic alone in my little nutshell in 2012. 

That's why you'll soon see swapped the "1" to a "2" on my departure date on the Atlantic.

In my values ​​of environmental protection, this concept sticks to wonder: water fills streams and rivers then flows toward the river, through the St. Lawrence to the Gulf, by which the water reaches the sea. Through the water, we are all closely related to the ocean. This ocean, which seems so distant and unattainable, will maybe seem closer to some riparian and even people from Montreal. What more concrete than start from Montreal Island, from my place, by yours, to row to the old continents? Perhaps the trip this summer will bring more attention to the water of St. Lawrence River and Gulf, which is the heart of our environmental concerns.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire